The HELP Strands 0-3 offer a key developmental assessment framework where the HELP skills are “stranded” by interrelated concepts and make it easier for identify and target of “next steps”—an important companion assessment record booklet to Inside HELP. The HELP 0-3 skills/behaviours are grouped into 59 developmental-sequenced “strands” for better ongoing developmental assessment and planning of next steps.
Inside Help 0-3 is necessary for proper use of HELP 0-3 as a curriculum-based assessment.
The HELP Strands 0-3 help you meet Part C of IDEA, and Early Head Start, regulations for ongoing assessment. Skills within each strand are developmentally sequenced. Each strand includes HELP skills which focus upon a specific underlying key concept and are hierarchical in nature; i.e., one skill leads to or builds the foundation for the next skill.
Each Strand focuses on key underlying concepts—developmental levels, strengths, and needs within each traditional domain can be easily identified for curriculum assessment and strategic planning.
Saves time—condensed definitions for each skill are included directly on this assessment form to help you better identify skills.
Covers “Regulatory/ Sensory Organisation”—critical grouping of skills from all domains to help screen strengths and needs.
- Groups 685 HELP 0–3 behaviours and skills into 59 concept-based Strands for recording assessment information and facilitating curriculum planning.
- Provides a developmental assessment framework—skills are grouped by concepts.
- Offers a unique Strand for “Regulatory/Sensory Organisation” to help screen strengths and needs.
- Developmentally sequenced items within each Strand focus upon a specific underlying key concept.
- Hierarchical—one skill leads to or builds the foundation for the next skill.
- Saves time and helps you quickly identify skills—definitions are included for each skill directly on this assessment booklet.
- Provides columns for ongoing recording of credits, dates, and observations.
- Includes a Strand Profile assessment summary form that helps you identify strengths and needs between Strands for individualised planning.
- Highlights foundational skills to always assess.
- Includes a quick “Credit Key”.
- Includes an Index to Strands and page links to Inside HELP for each Strand.
*Please note this product is only available to health professionals and organisations