Invented by Debra C. Lowsky, MS, CCC-SLP, ARK's Goshabunga Grabber is a large version of the popular Grabber oral motor chew tool.
The large version has a larger handle that's more comfortable for older teenagers and adults. The innovative P shape design has an easy-to-hold loop, with a long extension for reaching the back molars.
The Goshabunga Grabber can be used;
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To work on jaw strength and stability and oral motor skills
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
It's available in 3 colour coded toughness levels:
What does "Goshabunga" mean? It's a word coined a long time ago by one of ARK's founders that means "really big!"
Caution: This product is not a toy. Recommended for 13 years and up. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.